Kathleen Walker and her husband moved to Frensham in 1947, being an avid tennis player Kathleen was disappointed to find so few people interested in the game. The courts were in a very poor condition and you paid the Parish council a small sum to play. Kathleen was able to strike up some more players and although it wasn’t established as a club they were able to use “The Hut” which is where the pavillion stands today.
After some time the courts were worse for wear and the Parish Council was debating whether or not to dig them up and replace them with another bowling green. On hearing this news Kathleen went round asking villagers if they would be interested in joining a tennis club, and at that time subs were £1 a year! Many were interested and armed with this information Kathleen spoke with the Council who finally agreed to keep the courts. Frensham Tennis Club was formed in June 1970 and the Council agreed to have the new courts made ready for play by May 1971.